It’s sad to see our legislators using the mantle of child pornography to order Internet companies to spy on users, forcing ISPs to keep mountains of unnecessary data about innocent Internet subscribers in the hopes that it might one day be useful to law enforcement. That’s exactly why Representative Zoe Lofgren proposed an amendment to rename the bill the Keep Every Americans Digital Data for Submission to the Federal Government Without a Warrant Act of 2011.
previously, on Kenneth…
- The SF DPT Rigs The Game
- Ice Balls and Port
- Almost Home – 2nd to last Hill- D’oh!
- Interesting Criticism of Shaq via PtR
- I Have Dreams Like This
- Word of the Day
- A Sunday Roll
- Japanese police ask ISPs to start blocking Tor | Ars Technica
- Exactamundo! Whose Espresso Is Better: Third-Wave Cafés or Traditional Italian Espresso Bars?
- Some book updates | Kenneth's Rants and Other Things on Briarpatch – ****
- Mom on Movies on a Plane
- kenneth on New Bike Lanes in Golden Gate Park
- Terry Rolleri on New Bike Lanes in Golden Gate Park
- Mom on Pics From Yesterday’s Ride
- kenneth on Briarpatch – ****
- meligrosa (@meligrosa) on Briarpatch – ****
- kenneth on Prometheus – *1/2